The best drink on a summers day I think has to be a fresh lemon cordial made from lemons straight from the tree. We don't have our own tree yet by a friendly kind neighbour does. And we are most grateful for her generosity.
- Add all ingredients to pot. Make sure the lemon zest does not have any white pith on it as it will make the end product bitter.
- Bring to boil and then simmer on low for 10 mins.
- Strain syrup with a fine sieve
- Bottle and keep in fridge for up to a week or freeze to keep longer.
- Add as much syrup for taste to either soda water or flat water or use in a cocktail.